Monday, December 6, 2010

it's tradition.

so as i'm sure you can tell now, christmas really is my favorite time of year. ever since i was a little kid, the same christmas traditions have been had by my family and one of my favorite ones was always decorating the christmas tree at my parents house. to this day, 25 years later, i love it as much now as i did back when i was really young. the ornaments on the tree range from old to new including some of the best pre-school & elementary creations, to sentimental ones that are full of love, meaning, & memories. it has been tradition in my family to get one new ornament a year. through the years, a collection of ice skating, shopping, and soccer themed ornaments have helped complete my collection. each ornament really has special meaning and bringing them out every year just makes me so happy. the same christmas music is played - the "real mccune christmas" playlist - at full volume. the playlist includes some of the traditonal christmas ones, and some rather quirky ones that my dad used to listen to as a kid. either way, all the songs bring back nostalgic memories that i love to relive every year.

on top of decorating the tree, my family made it another tradition to have dinner on sundays in december and watch a christmas movie. these movies range from classics like a christmas story, & miracle on 34th street, to quirky ones like pee wee's christmas special & a muppet family christmas.

we decocated my parent's christmas tree last night. the tree looks beautiful and the house is almost done being decorated. see below for some of my favorite decorations around my parents house.


playing white christmas in the background while setting up the tree.

the sink area in the kitchen.





the ceramic tree that my dad's mother made in the 50's.

mccune christmas classics.

some of the ornaments laid out.

one of the pre-school favorites.

my ornament in 2008.

ornament in 2009.

the tradition continues at age 25, and i know will forever continue as time goes by. props to my mom for decorating the house every year (even if her children don't live there anymore). love u!
xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment