Wednesday, November 10, 2010

my projects.

in the midst of this crazy GMAT period of my life...i realized i needed something to keep me sane and busy and NOT thinking about data sufficiency, critical reasoning, and algebraic functions. after taking one of my practice tests a little while i go, i meandered into barnes and noble and headed straight for the fashion/design section (as i normally do). not only are there hundreds of books on designers, but there are instructional guides, how-tos, and an a-z library of anything and everything related to the fashion industry. and you wonder why i am drawn to it?

so i came across this book, 200 projects to get you into fashion design. i started flipping through the pages and realized it was the perfect purchase for me. whether i want to actually get into fashion design or not is another topic, but the thought of giving myself projects to focus on that are not GMAT related would be perfect. and so the purchase was made. this book is really incredible. it has so much to offer including bigger projects in there like 'adding pockets, collars, and details to an existing garment' or 'lining a pencil skirt' to simple ones like 'how to start a sketchbook & what to include in the first pages'. after flipping through these pages, i realized that i have already completed some of the projects on my own. i can't wait to work on these and share them, all with you!

so inspired...!
xx.

2 comments:

  1. Now this is the way to handle things. Way to go girl. It's so perfect for you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GMAT here: gmatonlinetest.com . I hope it's useful for GMAT test takers.

    ReplyDelete