Sunday, January 2, 2011

street art.

over the weekend i was at my parents house for sunday dinner & a movie and i was introduced to a documentary i knew nothing about it. it was called exit through the gift shop. my parents gave me the background and let me know it was about these certain street/graffiti artists and they told me how the movie focuses on their lives and where they got to where they are now. well, what sounded extremely boring to me ended up being a fabulous film. i was happily surprised. i was introduced to the works of shephard fairey, bansky, space invader, and mr brainwash. all are amazing artists on their own and all have worked together at one point. how the three of them are not in jail for their work? i'll never know. either way, each of these artists has produced some of the most creative artwork i have seen in a really long time and i am dying to find the next show that one of these guys has. if they ever have one...

banksy was my favorite artist of them all. his artistic ways of mixing natures imperfections on old walls with his street style is impeccable. behind every piece of his art there is some meaning, some joke, and definitely some personality. here are some of my favorite images from the master himself.






all images via banksy.


honestly... soo creative!
soo inspired!
xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment