Thursday, August 26, 2010

the suburbs.



my album of the summer. hands down. thank you, arcade fire. you guys never seem to fail. although the album has been out for almost a month now, it's still at the top of my list. the first 2 albums by the band, funeral & neon bible, were interesting in their own ways, but this really stepped it up for me. 'ready to start', the second track on the album is an upbeat song with lyrics that have inspired me to really think about my life and what it has to offer. i'm probably going to be making one the biggest decisions in my life within these next few months and this song really has kept me thinking and going. this album captures the monotonous life of the same pleaces, same people things, same routines, and it pulls from old memories to really break away step outside of your own comfort zone. while this sound of arcade fire is a little different than the previous records, the same familiarity of the their piano still flows through each track, never letting you down. sitting on a rooftop, drink in hand, sunset in the background, and the suburbs playing on repeat is PERFECTION.


happy listening.
xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment